Thursday, October 28, 2010
Membership: Your Gateway to The Wild
Written by: Ashley Stalvig
With the effects of the recession still very real, Northlanders are seeking high value goods at low prices. We want the most bang for our buck, as they say, and with good cause! Did you know a family membership to the Lake Superior Zoo is only $55 a year? That breaks down to less than $4 a month!
If a family of four visited the zoo every day it would cost $9,672.00! If the same family visited once a week they would spend $ 1,352.00, and to visit once a month it would cost them $312.00. With a membership each scenario would cost only $55!
However, a zoo membership is more than just a seasonal family pass! Not in an overwhelming and scary way, however. When I think of the word membership sometimes visions of a tedious 10 year commitment of paying surprise fees comes to mind. However, this is not true of zoo memberships!
A zoo membership lasts for just over a year and comes with many benefits:
· Free admission (except at fundraising events)
· A 10% discount at the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop
· A 10% discount at the Safari Café
· 25% off train rides- with purchase of train pass available only to members
· Discounted rates for birthday parties
· Free admission to Members’ only events
· Free adult admission to Boo at the Zoo
· 4 publications of the Wild Times Newsletter (with coupons)
· Discounted registration fees for camps and classes
· Emailed notifications and invitations to special events (optional)
· Free or discounted admission to over 130 zoos in the USA and Canada
o Half off at the Great Lakes Aquarium and MN Zoo
· 1 Free stroller or wagon rental per visit, if available
· The satisfaction that you are helping to preserve the zoo and its conservation mission for future generations.
When the year is completed renewal is optional and hassle free! If your family grows or changes you are not limited to a one-size-fits most membership. Several membership levels allow you to customize your membership to fit your family’s needs.
Don’t just take my word for how great membership is! Here are a few statements from other zoo members.
“Thank you for giving us an educational outlet close to home.” –Alison G.
“…The zoo adds to the quality of life of not only Duluth, but the surrounding area. It provides a place where we can learn about the various species on hand, to ideally respect them, and their place on our ever shrinking planet…” –Roger P.
“…Even though we go to the zoo almost monthly throughout the whole year, [my kids] always see something new and learn something about the animals. We get exercise walking, have quality family time, laugh at the animal antics and I enjoy it almost more than my kids do…”
-Deb, Amanda & Luke L.
Well, there you have it. Join the zoo family and see what you discover through your gateway to the wild!
Labels: admission, Boo at the Zoo, camps, classes, Lake Superior Zoo, LSZ, Membership, reciprocal, renewal, Safari Cafe, Tiger's Paw Gift Shop, Wild Times Newsletter
posted by Keely Johnson
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]